From: Peng Yu on
There are some perl modules (e.g., the following one) can be used for
editing pdf files. But I'm interested in more sophisticated tasks. For
example, I want to automatically highlight certain words (using regex)
in a pdf. Could somebody let me know if there is an easy way to do so
in perl?

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2007/09/20/pdf-processing-with-perl.html
From: Ben Morrow on

Quoth Peng Yu <pengyu.ut(a)gmail.com>:
> There are some perl modules (e.g., the following one) can be used for
> editing pdf files. But I'm interested in more sophisticated tasks. For
> example, I want to automatically highlight certain words (using regex)
> in a pdf. Could somebody let me know if there is an easy way to do so
> in perl?
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2007/09/20/pdf-processing-with-perl.html

That article mentions PDF::API2. I believe that anything which can be
done to a PDF can be done using that module, but it may not be terribly
easy.

Ben