From: jerry on
I am doing some development using SharePoint designer and am stuck on
the below scenario and was wondering if anyone can assist.

Here is where I am stuck:

User1 will be accessing SharePoint and entering requests. The items
entered will reside in a SharePoint list.

Now, user2 should be able to view all 10 columns and only be able to
update 2 of the 10 columns.

Can anyone assist me on how I can lock user2 from editing the other 8
columns?

From: Wekler Jophne on
If you intend to do it through SPD, then I have no idea since I have
not done that before. But I guess the following ranting may be useful
to you.
If you know what specific two columns can be edited by user 2, then
audience targeting is way to go! or if you want to make it more
reliable and pay, third party tools like Column View permission, or
item-level permission.
If the two column is randomly determined, then I am sorry.