From: luvkoffee on
I have a spreadsheet where I add daily totals. One of my columns is for a
percentage for the day. At the bottom of the page I need a month to date
average percentage. How can I do this. I have tried....(i.e. =AVERAGE
(L4:L34)). This is giving me an average of all 31 days of the month instead
of just the 5 that have accumulated.

Can you help me fix this?
From: Gord Dibben on
Excel ignores blank cells when averaging so if you have only 5 cells with
data, the average for L4:L34 will be only for those 5 cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:36:02 -0800, luvkoffee
<luvkoffee(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a spreadsheet where I add daily totals. One of my columns is for a
>percentage for the day. At the bottom of the page I need a month to date
>average percentage. How can I do this. I have tried....(i.e. =AVERAGE
>(L4:L34)). This is giving me an average of all 31 days of the month instead
>of just the 5 that have accumulated.
>
>Can you help me fix this?

Pages: 1
Prev: EXCEL FORMULA