From: Isaac Shekonkubito Isaac on
Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my
organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos,
payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment
types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration) and
generate monthly details for each employee.
From: Rob Parker on
Dear Isaac,

You don't yet realise that what you have described is not a "simple
database".

Read widely, on how a relational database works. Here's a site where you
can find lots of essential basic material:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

And now, we'll just wait for the detailed questions to come in ;-)

Good fortune,

Rob

From: Mark Andrews on
I have two CRM templates that have a little bit of what you want and might
be a help to start down your road. Currently I only show the one CRM
template on my website, but I have been giving away a CRM template designed
for Access2007 only to all my customers. Both templates are similar.

You can always look at the Microsoft templates page (if you are using
Access2007), there is a link from my site to this page as well.

I doubt you will find exactly what you want so probably good to start with
whatever you find that's close and has some good concepts to steal.

HTH,
Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

Microsoft's page is:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx?ofcresset=1

"Isaac Shekonkubito" <Isaac Shekonkubito(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:40A26FE8-BE0D-446A-9D4C-7CE1B5BBFB8F(a)microsoft.com...
> Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my
> organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos,
> payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment
> types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration)
> and
> generate monthly details for each employee.

Pages: 1
Prev: BOILO
Next: Cascading ComboBox on SubForm