From: hungryjoe on
I'm just wanting to insert a regular sized "th" after writing the date but
Word automatically makes it smaller - please help me.

Thanks
From: trip_to_tokyo on
WORD 2007

Office Button (top peft hand corner)

Word Options (lower right hand corner)

Proofing (on left hand side) then, on right hand side, under AutoCorrect
options, click on AutCorrect Options . . .

AutoCorrect window should now pop up.

AutoFormat As You Type tab / in here remove the tick (check) from Ordinals
(1st) with superscript / OK

Thanks.

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
In the AutoFormat As You Type dialog, clear the check box for "Ordinals
(1st) with superscript." The path to this dialog is:

Word 2003 and earlier: Tools | AutoCorrect (Options) | AutoFormat As You
Type

Word 2007: Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options |
AutoFormat As You Type

In existing text, remove the superscript property by selecting the text and
pressing Ctrl+Spacebar.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Graham Mayor on
This is an autoformat as you type setting.
Word 2007 - Word Options > Proofing > Autocorrect Options > Autoformat as
you type > Uncheck 'Ordinals (1st) with superscript
Word 2003 and earlier - Tools > Autocorrect Options - then the rest as for
2007

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

From: Stefan Blom on
If you want a single instance of "th" without superscript formatting, just Undo
(for example by pressing Ctrl+Z) immediately after Word has changed the format
of text.

To turn off the autoformatting of ordinals, do the following: Click Office
button | Word options. In the Proofing category, click AutoCorrect Options. On
the AutoFormat As You Type tab, clear the "Ordinals (1st) with superscript"
option. Click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP