From: "Robert P. J. Day" on

i installed PHP_Beautifier 0.1.14 (beta), and am trying to use the
command-line php_beautifier command to beautify a simple test PHP
script. but for the life of me, i can't get it to beautify anything.

i've used the allegedly obvious incantation of:

$ php_beautifier -t 1 -f test.php

but what i get out is exactly what i put in, and the indentation
certainly hasn't been adjusted to one tab per indent level. i've
started to walk through the code, but i'm wondering if there's
something obvious i'm missing.

rday

Web page: http://crashcourse.ca
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rpjday
From: "Robert P. J. Day" on
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> i installed PHP_Beautifier 0.1.14 (beta), and am trying to use the
> command-line php_beautifier command to beautify a simple test PHP
> script. but for the life of me, i can't get it to beautify anything.
>
> i've used the allegedly obvious incantation of:
>
> $ php_beautifier -t 1 -f test.php
>
> but what i get out is exactly what i put in, and the indentation
> certainly hasn't been adjusted to one tab per indent level. i've
> started to walk through the code, but i'm wondering if there's
> something obvious i'm missing.

never mind -- apparently, it was the fact that all the code was
using the "short" form of the opening tag, as in "<?" instead of
"<?php", which the beautifier clearly doesn't care for.