From: BONNIEB2 on
I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?
From: charles arnett on
My copy of Office 2007 say on the box that it is licensed for 3 computers.
But I have Office Home and Student 2007
charles arnett
cjarnett1(a)who.rr.com

From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
BONNIEB2 wrote:
> I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
> I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?
It is my understanding that you can do that provided that the computers
are not used simultaneously by different people.

The exact provisions are contained in the End User Licence Agreement
that you can read by clicking on the Office Button, then on Word Options
and then on Resources and then on About Microsoft Office Word and then
click on the "View the Microsoft Software Licence Terms"

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my
services on a paid professional basis.
From: Jay Freedman on
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:48:01 -0800, BONNIEB2
<BONNIEB2(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I bought the office 2007 Suite and have it on my home computer.
>I am thinking of buying a laptop. Can I download the cds on the new laptop?

Read the End User License Agreement to find out what's valid for the
edition you have. Most easily, go to Office button > Word Options >
Resources, click the About button, and click the blue link for View
the Microsoft Software License Terms. Look for the section titled
Installation and Use Rights, and specifically for the subsection
labeled Portable Device (an interesting description of a laptop).

The short answer is "probably yes, but make sure".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
From: Supersare on
Yes you can load it onto a total of three pc's/laptops.