From: Hemant on
Hi,
I am working on a web application in vb.net 2005.
I want to get a ID of Item in Application_BeginRequest function of
global.asax file .
I can't use query string.
Is there any method ?
I want to pass a ID to that function from a .aspx page .
Please help me.

Thanks,
Hemant

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Sep 24, 1:30 pm, "Hemant" <Hem...(a)nomail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on a web application in vb.net 2005.
> I want to get a ID of Item in Application_BeginRequest function of
> global.asax file .
> I can't use query string.
> Is there any method ?
> I want to pass a ID to that function from a .aspx page .
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks,
> Hemant

Why you can't use query string?
From: Hemant on
Hi ,
I am not using query string because it will be display in url and I don't
want to display this ID in URL.
Thanks,
Hemant

From: Patrice on
If I remember at this step I believe session is not yet available and the
request could be something else than an ASPX page. If the problem is that
you don't want to show the value you could show a handle (a guid that would
allow to retrieve the value server side).

Whenever you have something a bit unusual your best bet is likely to explain
what is the overgoal in case someone would have another suggestion than the
solution you already choosed (for example if session you could do this in a
later event once session was made available, also knowing what you'll use
this ID for could lead to a whole different direction)...

--
Patrice

"Hemant" <Hemant(a)nomail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion
: OOTi2nQPKHA.2092(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Sep 24, 2:05 pm, "Hemant" <Hem...(a)nomail.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am not using query string because it will be display in url  and I don't
> want to display this ID in URL.
> Thanks,
> Hemant"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 24, 1:30 pm, "Hemant" <Hem...(a)nomail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am working on a web application in vb.net 2005.
> > I want to get a ID of Item in Application_BeginRequest function of
> > global.asax file .
> > I can't use query string.
> > Is there any method ?
> > I want to pass a ID to that function from a .aspx page .
> > Please help me.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Hemant
>
> Why you can't use query string?

The session is not initiated at that point, so you can try to use
cookies or a database behind. Maybe you need to explain in more
details what your application is supposed to do.