From: MrRob on
Yes, the NI-VISA is already installed. I have to install the Compliance package and am doing so at the moment in order to get the I/O Assistant to work in LabView 8.2.  I created a communication and format shell 'so-to-speak' for the Tek2440 oscilloscope because the GPIB command syntax is older with respect to *IDN? as an example not being understood by the scope and having to revert  back to ID? as a valid command. This is the initial header of sorts to communicate with the Tek2440 and to make sure such things as the ID? text sent back was formatted correctly in the instrument driver and that a valid return string matched what was expected.
Thank you for your help.

MrRob