From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "Rick Paul" <rickpaul(a)earthlink.net> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > That wouldn't actually do what was asked. Rather, it would just
> > adjust the duration to the nearest grid boundary. It could make some
> > notes shorter and some longer in the process of doing that. Also, if
> > their lengths weren't anywhere near the same to start, it wouldn't
> > make them the same. The Event Inspector method I mentioned in my
> > response will get them the exact same lengths, though, no matter where
> > they started out.
>
> Can't you just lasso the notes you want to tweak, grab the tail end of one
> of the group, and drag it out longer? That's how I would approach it.

That will work if his notes are the same length to begin with.
If they're not, Rick's method is the one I use.

Poly

From: gray asphalt on

This works. And the suggestion about
event inspector does too.

I'm used to graphic programs where
you can align, distribute objects. And
in video where you can paste attributes.
Like you could choose several notes and
say "align left" and they would all start
at the same time or take several notes
in an arpeggio and distribute them so
that they are well ... distributed. And
you could paste duration, velocity an/or
channel ... the way you can paste duration,
transition, filters. It would be like clicking
on a note and picking up the velocity from
it and pasting it into as many notes as you
select.

Thanks for teaching me how to change the
length of multiple notes. : -)

I wonder if the fit to

From: Steve_Karl on
My method for this is done while looking in event view.
Selet the notes
Choose Process > Length > by percentage 50%

Do it until the notes are all 1 tick in length

Then percentage by 200% until they get long enough for you.

As easy as ALT+P+L+Enter ALT+P+L+Enter
ALT+P+L+Enter
ALT+P+L+Enter
ALT+P+L+Enter
ALT+P+L+Enter
ALT+P+L+Enter

From: gray asphalt on

I hadn't thought about using event view.
I bet there are a lot of other things that can be
done there.

From: Steve_Karl on

"gray asphalt" <dontwrite(a)gmail.com> wrote in message news:vvobn.81306$BV.339(a)newsfe07.iad...

> I hadn't thought about using event view.
> I bet there are a lot of other things that can be
> done there.

Well ... maybe... but that's about the only thing I ever do there. :-)