From: Ross Boylan on
The mplayer plugin for iceweasel keeps filling up /tmp.
Is there some way I can get it to put the files elsewhere? The man page
and the config files don't seem to offer an appropriate option.

Thanks.

Ross

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 06:30:31PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> The mplayer plugin for iceweasel keeps filling up /tmp.
> Is there some way I can get it to put the files elsewhere? The man page
> and the config files don't seem to offer an appropriate option.

Does it respect the TMPDIR environment variable?

Eg, export TMPDIR=/var/tmp ; iceweasel

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 16:24 +0200, Martin Kraus wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 06:30:31PM -0700, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > The mplayer plugin for iceweasel keeps filling up /tmp.
> > Is there some way I can get it to put the files elsewhere? The man page
> > and the config files don't seem to offer an appropriate option.
>
> if it is mplayerplug-in, then the options is called "dload-dir" in
> "~/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf".
> My configuration is "dload-dir=/home/martin/pub/downloads" for the
> target destination.
>
> mk

That's odd; I see the file and the setting (dload-dir=/home/ross) are
already there, but the files are going to /tmp.