From: gerry on
I want to colse a document in Word without saving it but I don't want to
close Word as I have other docunebts to review and print.
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
What version of Word?

If Word 2007, add the Close command (from the All Commands category) to the
Quick Access Toolbar and develop the habit of always using that to close
documents, instead of using the White X with the red background.

In earlier versions of Word, in addition to the White X with the red
background, there is a black X which should be used to close the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: CyberTaz on
You can also select the Close command by clicking the Office button in 2007
or from the File menu in earlier versions. There is also a shortcut
keystroke for the Close command -- See Word Help or Windows Help.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/16/10 5:12 PM, in article
E98C725E-402E-47E3-8B42-C2620429B377(a)microsoft.com, "gerry"