From: Ryan Sun on
For URLs like 'http://download.fotolia.com/DownloadContent/1/h7G0bWGsGof8VvSqw32xFZ0KvD5eqbvN',
it requires user login to download.
Then how do I download it remotely via php server if I have the
username and password in hand?
From: Ashley Sheridan on
On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 11:37 -0500, Ryan Sun wrote:

> For URLs like 'http://download.fotolia.com/DownloadContent/1/h7G0bWGsGof8VvSqw32xFZ0KvD5eqbvN',
> it requires user login to download.
> Then how do I download it remotely via php server if I have the
> username and password in hand?

This is a job for Curl. You create a Curl request that sends the login
information to the remote site in the form that it expects (usually via
some sort of post data from a form) and then you can receive the reply
back. You can then form your requests that you need to make for the
rest.

There are some great add-ons for Firefox for this sort of thing, to look
at what data is being sent to and from your browser.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

From: Richard Quadling on
On 1 March 2010 17:00, Ashley Sheridan <ash(a)ashleysheridan.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 11:37 -0500, Ryan Sun wrote:
>
>> For URLs like 'http://download.fotolia.com/DownloadContent/1/h7G0bWGsGof8VvSqw32xFZ0KvD5eqbvN',
>> it requires user login to download.
>> Then how do I download it remotely via php server if I have the
>> username and password in hand?
>>

> This is a job for Curl. You create a Curl request that sends the login
> information to the remote site in the form that it expects (usually via
> some sort of post data from a form) and then you can receive the reply
> back. You can then form your requests that you need to make for the
> rest.
>
> There are some great add-ons for Firefox for this sort of thing, to look
> at what data is being sent to and from your browser.
>
> Thanks,
> Ash
> http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

If the authentication style is basic you COULD use the
http://username:password(a)www.host.com/page.xxxxxx

--
-----
Richard Quadling