From: obulreddy on
Hi,

The "Sign In " appeard in top corner of site.i want to hide the "Sign in".I have tried SPSecurity.like this

<SharePoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl runat="server" PermissionsString="AddAndCustomizePages">

<wssuc:Welcome id="explitLogout" runat="server" /></div>

</SharePoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl>

but its shown again "sign In" link.

Any body can solve this issue.

Regards,
obulreddy

Posted as a reply to:

Re: how to hide "Sign In" for Anoymous user on Internet facing site in Sharepoint 2007
15-Dec-07

i figured it out. i was placing security trimmer control for Site
Actions control while it was actually Welcome conrtol. Site actions
already is not visible if user is anonymous or not signed in. so
actually i placed welcome control inside the following

<Sharepoint:SPSecurityTrimmedControl runat="server"
PermissionsString="AddAndCustomizePages">

now Sign In does not show up on internet facing site which is
Anonymous access.

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ec832ac7-6e4c-4ea8-81ab-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx
From: "Stephen Woodard[MS]" on
I don't remember where I found it, but I had this piece of code hanging
around in my library.

If you replace the section you described with:

<wssuc:Welcome id="IdWelcome" runat="server"
EnableViewState="false">

</wssuc:Welcome>

onclick="javascript:document.getElementById('welcomeDiv').style.display='blo
ck';" />

It will hide the link and make it available only by pressing Alt-S. This
way it is hidden and you still have a simi-secret way of getting the link
back.

-Stephen
From: "Stephen Woodard[MS]" on
A quick Bing of the javascript and I found where I got it from.

Credit to Hristo for that :D
http://hristopavlov.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/hiding-the-sign-in-link-in-the-
client-web-browser/

-Stephen