From: Raymond on
Hi All,

In classic ASP I have a include file that reads all cookies and put in variables to be use, in dot net I also have a ASPX file that reads all the cookies, but I am having problem using the file in the codebehind .vb page.

and then I thought I will just create a DLL and put in the bin folder, but I am having problem calling the System.Web.HttpCookie with in the Public Class.

Can any point me to the right direction how I can do this?

Thanks for help

Ray

From: Patrice on
Hello,

> In classic ASP I have a include file that reads all cookies and put in
> variables to be use, in dot net I also have a ASPX file that reads all the
> cookies, but I am having problem using the file in the codebehind .vb
> page.

What have you tried that doesn't work ? Have you tried the samples shown at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpcookie(VS.80).aspx ?

> and then I thought I will just create a DLL and put in the bin folder, but
> I am having problem calling the System.Web.HttpCookie with in the Public
> Class.

You can use System.Web.HttpContext.Current to get access to the current http
request (assuming I understood the question). You still may want to solve
the original issue rather than changing your design just because something
that should work fails...

--
Patrice

From: Patrice on
I realize just now that it could be that you still try to use #include more
than in using cookies ?

If yes and though still supported, you just have to create a class. As
ASP.NET compiles the app in a single DLL, the code you'll put in a class is
usable from all pages.

Please be a bit more specific about what is precisely the problem you get ?
The type of project could perhaps help...
--
Patrice

From: Gregory A. Beamer on
"Raymond" <raymond8636_nospan(a)yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> In classic ASP I have a include file that reads all cookies and put in
> variables to be use, in dot net I also have a ASPX file that reads all the
> cookies, but I am having problem using the file in the codebehind .vb
> page.
>
> and then I thought I will just create a DLL and put in the bin folder, but
> I am having problem calling the System.Web.HttpCookie with in the Public
> Class.
>
> Can any point me to the right direction how I can do this?

Pass the cookie to the library, if you want to work at it there. You also
have to have add the proper namespace declarations to the class file and
reference the web bits.

--
Peace and Grace,
Greg

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |

From: Ray on
"Gregory A. Beamer" <NoSpamMgbworld(a)comcast.netNoSpamM> wrote in

> "Raymond" <raymond8636_nospan(a)yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In classic ASP I have a include file that reads all cookies and put
>> in variables to be use, in dot net I also have a ASPX file that reads
>> all the cookies, but I am having problem using the file in the
>> codebehind .vb page.
>>
>> and then I thought I will just create a DLL and put in the bin
>> folder, but I am having problem calling the System.Web.HttpCookie
>> with in the Public Class.
>>
>> Can any point me to the right direction how I can do this?
>
> Pass the cookie to the library, if you want to work at it there. You
> also have to have add the proper namespace declarations to the class
> file and reference the web bits.

Thank you Greg, I got it working already.

Raymond