From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on
Good Day,

I just want to have an Idea how my textbox and combobox will remember what
was selected or was input to it. Do I need to have a database. :)

Thanks much,

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" <u58543(a)uwe> wrote in message

> I just want to have an Idea how my textbox and combobox will remember what
> was selected or was input to it. Do I need to have a database. :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=ViewState

You seem to be asking a great deal of extremely basic questions. That's OK,
of course - everyone was a beginner on their first day - but you might find
it much more beneficial to learn the fundamentals of ASP.NET properly. I
would suggest you buy this:
http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-3-5-Dummies-Ken-Cox/dp/0470195924/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269855229&sr=8-1
and work your way through it from beginning to end.

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Mr. Arnold on

"shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" wrote:

> Good Day,
>
> I just want to have an Idea how my textbox and combobox will remember what
> was selected or was input to it. Do I need to have a database. :)

It's called View State.
From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Mar 29, 2:07 pm, Mr. Arnold <N...(a)No.com> wrote:
> "shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com" wrote:
> > Good Day,
>
> > I just want to have an Idea how my textbox and combobox will remember what
> > was selected or was input to it. Do I need to have a database. :)
>
> It's called View State.

+session
+cookies
+database