From: CrazySeal on
On 22 Kwi, 22:32, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedE...(a)web.de>
wrote:
> CrazySeal wrote:
>
> ^^^^^^^^^
> So now you're a name-switcher, too? :-(

Sometimes I wrote using Google news group, and sometimes using
Thunderbird. Depends what is actualy opened.
My name is always the same: CrazySeal or foka means the same.
Seal means foka in Polish :)

can u help me with this Ajax code?
From: CrazySeal on
On firefox I receive error:

Access to restricted URI denied" code: "1012
in line:
r.send(null);

Is any chance to fix this?

Foka
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
CrazySeal wrote:

> [changing nickname]

I don't care what your nickname means, or what you are posting with.
Use *one* *real* name here, and write in readable English or whatever
language you are capable of.

> can u help me with this Ajax code?
^
No, apparently you're too stupid to post questions and to read my answers.

PointedEars
From: CrazySeal on
Ok. So please, do not post more on this topic.
Maybe I don't know English well, so what?
If you don't want to, or can't help, just don't post.
Easy.

But maybe someone knows how can I solve this problem.

Ps. I do not care if you are interested in my nickname. I answered
your question but culturally.

Foka
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Garrett Smith wrote:

> foka wrote:
>> Hi.I have got a problem with javascript and XML.
>> I want to put data from XML file to HTML <select> options.
>> My code is working but only if I put this (websites) on server, but I
>> want to run my html site on every comp, localy, for example from CD., on
>> windows without Apache etc.
>> When I run my site localy file:///C:/file.html then my <select> is empty.
>>
>> My Ajax code:
>
> As you have noticed, some browsers support file protocol with
> XMLHttpRequest and IE doesn't. The ActiveXObject constructor does
> support that.

Correct.

> You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
> designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
> specified therein for http and https only[1].

Utter nonsense. When will you ever learn? The fact that a *draft*
specifies something has absolutely no intrinsic meaning at all. Which is
emphasized by the mere fact that XMLHttpRequest works for non-http and non-
https URLs outside of MSHTML, i.e. in the majority of implementations, where
some of them support considerable portions of the draft.

MSHTML 8 in IE 8 supports but one feature of HTML 5 as specified in the
draft, and it is not XMLHttpRequest.¹ It is illogical to conclude that
XMLHttpRequest works so in MSHTML because it *might* become so in HTML 5.

¹ <http://blogs.msdn.com/giorgio/archive/2009/11/29/ie8-and-html-5.aspx>

> You might want to try XMLDocument[2], however that is going to depend on
> the security settings of IE. Perhaps someone can provide the fine
> details of that, as well as indicate the proper progids to try.

For maximum compatibility, you only need to try one. The load() method, as
well as the loadXML() method, is available since MSXML 3.0.

> Example:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");

var xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");

> xmlDoc.async = false;
> xmlDoc.load("items.xml");

xmlDoc.loadXML(xhr.responseText);

(as written in numerous tutorials, and several FAQs, since years ago).

> [...]
> [2]<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms757828(v=VS.85).aspx>

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms754585%28VS.85%29.aspx>

(but note that the ProgID in the example is not compatible)

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict