From: VK on
On Apr 26, 1:30 am, VK <schools_r...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> *
> * Correction from the test lab: contrary to what MS says
> * and in support of my arguments at 2) discission a set
> * of machines with IE6 / Win XP SP2 in default installation
> * failed to puck up on Msxml2.XMLHTTP.3.0 so used the older
> * version: yet they happily picked up on Msxml2.XMLHTTP.4.0
> * Whatever the exact reasons of it are, a branch for 4.0
> * is added to ensure the newest version usage in all
> * given circumstances.

Please disregard this comment: that was a false alarm from an altered
configuration. I thought I deleted it but obviously I didn't. Sorry.
From: Garrett Smith on

I wrote "it"? What "it"? I wrote exactly what I wrote. Here again:

| You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
| designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
| specified therein for http and https only[1].

You quoted that and responded that with presumptuous lies, trying to
prove that I am stupid and wrong. Hence, ridiculous and self-contradictory.

My name is not stupid and I am not stupid. In fact, I provided a
workable solution to the OPs problem despite pointless, pedantic
interruptions from a worthless man named Thomas Lahn.

>> I referred to a w3c working draft. That much is true.
>>
>> You wrote that I did so in "justification for an implementation."
>>
>> That is false. I did not mention an implementation.
>
> Yes, you did: "IE", i.e. the MSXML.

That paragraph does not mention "IE" or "the MSXML".

>> You stated that I did so "when the implementation has nothing to with
>> the draft.".
>>
>> That is false. I did not mention an implementation.
>
> Yes, you did.

No, I did not. The entire paragraph, once more:

| You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
| designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
| specified therein for http and https only[1].

I stand by that entirely.

That paragraph does not mention MSXML; MSXML is unrelated to
XMLHttpRequest, and unrelated to what is noticed about XMLHttpRequest,
which is linked in the footnote[1]:-

| [1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#introduction>

>> I wrote:
>>
>> | You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
>> | designed for.
>
> And going on with saying that the draft would specify the behavior that "IE"
> exhibits. How is that *not* justifying the implementation with the draft?

That paragraph mentions nothing about the behavior of "IE". Therefore,
it is not justifying the implementation with the draft.
--
Garrett
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Garrett Smith wrote:

> | You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
> | designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
> | specified therein for http and https only[1].
>
> I stand by that entirely.
>
> That paragraph does not mention MSXML;

It is referring explicitly to XMLHttpRequest behavior in "IE", though.

> MSXML is unrelated to XMLHttpRequest,

No, it is not. But more important is that "IE" is not unrelated to
"XMLHttpRequest", by your own account.

> and unrelated to what is noticed about XMLHttpRequest, which is linked in
> the footnote[1]:-
>
> | [1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#introduction>

Once more, for the intellectually challenged: By saying that someone who
uses XMLHttpRequest in "IE" "attempted to use XMLHttpRequest for something
it was not designed for", when that something was local file access via
`file', and then stating that "XMLHttpRequest [...] is specified [in the
Working Draft [...] for `http' or `https' only" is undoubtedly justifying
the (way the) implementation (in "IE" works) with the draft.

And that is a fallacy, because a) the implementation is not based on the
draft; and b) it is a *Working Draft*, nothing more:

| Publication as a Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C
| Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
| obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| this document as other than work in progress.

There is no way for you to wind around that.

>> And going on with saying that the draft would specify the behavior that
>> "IE" exhibits. How is that *not* justifying the implementation with the
>> draft?
>
> That paragraph mentions nothing about the behavior of "IE". Therefore,
> it is not justifying the implementation with the draft.

Wrong. And I presume you already know that, but do not want to admit it.
You are pitiful.

PointedEars
From: Branco on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
> > | You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
> > | designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
> > | specified therein for http and https only[1].
<snip>

> Once more, for the intellectually challenged: By saying that someone who
> uses XMLHttpRequest in "IE" "attempted to use XMLHttpRequest for something
> it was not designed for", when that something was local file access via
> `file', and then stating that "XMLHttpRequest [...] is specified [in the
> Working Draft [...] for `http' or `https' only" is undoubtedly justifying
> the (way the) implementation (in "IE" works) with the draft.
<snip>

That has to be the worst attempt I ever saw of trying to win an
argument by twisting the fabrics of reality.

Y, S, AAI.

Regards,

Branco.
From: Garrett Smith on
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>
>> | You're attemtping to use XMLHttpRequest for something it was not
>> | designed for. XMLHttpRequest is in Working Draft status, and is
>> | specified therein for http and https only[1].
>>
>> I stand by that entirely.
>>
>> That paragraph does not mention MSXML;
>
> It is referring explicitly to XMLHttpRequest behavior in "IE", though.

No, it is not.

>> MSXML is unrelated to XMLHttpRequest,
>
> No, it is not. But more important is that "IE" is not unrelated to
> "XMLHttpRequest", by your own account.
>
>> and unrelated to what is noticed about XMLHttpRequest, which is linked in
>> the footnote[1]:-
>>
>> | [1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/#introduction>
>
> Once more, for the intellectually challenged: By saying that someone who
> uses XMLHttpRequest in "IE" "attempted to use XMLHttpRequest for something
> it was not designed for", when that something was local file access via
> `file', and then stating that "XMLHttpRequest [...] is specified [in the
> Working Draft [...] for `http' or `https' only" is undoubtedly justifying
> the (way the) implementation (in "IE" works) with the draft.

You're making this up.

> And that is a fallacy, because a) the implementation is not based on the
> draft; and b) it is a *Working Draft*, nothing more:

So you're made-up story contains a fallacy? That's your problem.

> | Publication as a Working Draft does not imply endorsement by the W3C
> | Membership. This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or
> | obsoleted by other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | this document as other than work in progress.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> There is no way for you to wind around that.

I stated that it was a draft.

>>> And going on with saying that the draft would specify the behavior that
>>> "IE" exhibits. How is that *not* justifying the implementation with the
>>> draft?
>> That paragraph mentions nothing about the behavior of "IE". Therefore,
>> it is not justifying the implementation with the draft.
>
> Wrong. And I presume you already know that, but do not want to admit it.
> You are pitiful.

You wrongly misunderstood what I wrote and blamed me for it. What I
wrote was clear and plain as day. How long are you going to carry on
with silly nonsense?
--
Garrett
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last