From: Krunal Bhatt Krunal on
Hi,

I want to send M.outlook mail from command prompt. I have tried below
command but it is not send silently, I have to press SEND button. Please do
the needful.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11>OUTLOOK.EXE /C IPM.NOTE /PROFILE
KBHATT /M KTBHATT01(a)HOTMAIL.COM /A C:\TEST.TXT

From: VanguardLH on
Krunal Bhatt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to send M.outlook mail from command prompt. I have tried below
> command but it is not send silently, I have to press SEND button. Please do
> the needful.
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11>OUTLOOK.EXE /C IPM.NOTE /PROFILE
> KBHATT /M KTBHATT01(a)HOTMAIL.COM /A C:\TEST.TXT

Items that are added programmatically are added directly to the Outbox
folder. If Outlook is running to see that transition then it trigger the
"send immediate" action (if you have Outlook configured to send
immediately). If Outlook is not running at the time of the transition, it
doesn't get the trigger to do the send. That means items that are sent
programmatically but when Outlook is not running will require that you
complete the send action when you next start Outlook. Programmatic addition
of items to the Outbox does NOT load a full instance of Outlook which is
needed to perform the send operation. Only enough of Outlook gets added so
the item can be created, but then Outlook closes so there is nothing left of
Outlook to do the actual send.

So leave Outlook running at the times you expect to generate the command to
add items programmatically.