From: shoeb on
Hi,
My app will be running on a wifi enabled phone without a simcard.
It will be recieving SMS from a 3rd party server. How can i make this
incoming sms behave like a normal SMS i.e.

1. Incoming sms should be place in the inbox of phone's default sms client
(e.g. pocket outlook ) .

2. All the events that happen on the arrival of a normal sms e.g.
notification sound should happen.

Is there any incoming SMS queue where my app can pump SMSs ? please guide
me.

Thanks & Regards,
Shoeb

From: Trevor on
"shoeb" <shoeb(a)octro.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My app will be running on a wifi enabled phone without a simcard.
> It will be recieving SMS from a 3rd party server. How can i make this
> incoming sms behave like a normal SMS i.e.
>
> 1. Incoming sms should be place in the inbox of phone's default sms
> client (e.g. pocket outlook ) .
>
> 2. All the events that happen on the arrival of a normal sms e.g.
> notification sound should happen.
>
> Is there any incoming SMS queue where my app can pump SMSs ? please guide
> me.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Shoeb

I believe you can use the Windows Mobile Device Emulator & Cellular Emulator
(tool comes with WM6 SDK) to simulate incoming SMS messages.

From: Peter Foot on
Our Mobile In The Hand product (http://inthehand.com/content/Mobile.aspx)
allows you to create new items in the message store including new SMS
messages in the Inbox folder. It doesn't generate the standard new message
notification bubble but you can easily duplicate this in your own code.

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

From: shoeb on
Hi,
I need to do it on device also not just emulator.

Regards,
Shoeb