From: io_x on

"io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

> "io_x" <a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> but i'm not too much sure of above
>> "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
>> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>>
>> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>>
>> here not, the sys send to that message
>> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
>> in "wParam" for the same cell...
>
> if nobody answer...
> was not "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
> so all right here too
> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i, &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
em_setsel?

From: Dee Earley on
On 08/08/2010 11:07, io_x wrote:
> "io_x"<a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>> "io_x"<a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> but i'm not too much sure of above
>>> "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>>> it has 'redesign' the cell of handle c, but i write like
>>> HDC 0 because i not know the HDC the Sys use...
>>>
>>> possible there are leaks here if sys create new HDCs?
>>>
>>> here not, the sys send to that message
>>> only 3 possible [in rotating] values for the HDC
>>> in "wParam" for the same cell...
>>
>> if nobody answer...
>> was not "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
>> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
>> so all right here too
>> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

Sorry, I didn't understand that.
You need to handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC on your window and return the
colour when asked.

> and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
> em_setsel?

Is it a static or an edit?
Only an edit allows you to select text.
You just set teh style and colours to match the background.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: io_x on

"Dee Earley" <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> On 08/08/2010 11:07, io_x wrote:
>> "io_x"<a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>>
>>> "io_x"<a(a)b.c.invalid> ha scritto nel messaggio

>>> if nobody answer...
>>> was not "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"
>>> that send the message WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC
>>> but just the setwindowtexW or the function like that
>>> so all right here too
>>> if i cancell "PostMessageW(i,&WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC, 0, c)"

> Sorry, I didn't understand that.
> You need to handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC on your window and return the colour when
> asked.

for me is enought that
SetDlgItemTextW()
write in the window and send one WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message too
this could do all i want

the above is not C
is one macro assembly where each Windows OS macro-name (but not function or
struct names only macro-name as WM_PAINT or WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC) result
in a &Name in that assmebly (called RosAsm) as &WM_PAINT and &WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC

>> and how to select text in the static edit subwindow?
>> em_setsel?
>
> Is it a static or an edit?
> Only an edit allows you to select text.
> You just set teh style and colours to match the background.

yes i can change the background color when click
using SetDlgItemTextW()
that post WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC message
all ok