From: Zathras Draal on
Hello,

i want to write all files from my local directory in an array.

Something like (not working):

d = Dir.new("/Volumes/System/")
d.each {|x| file_list.push(x) }

How can i push single filenames through d.each into an array?

Thanks a lot in advance!

From: Chris Hulan on
On Mar 26, 8:44 am, Zathras Draal <joon...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to write all files from my local directory in an array.
>
> Something like (not working):
>
> d = Dir.new("/Volumes/System/")
> d.each {|x| file_list.push(x) }
>
> How can i push single filenames through d.each into an array?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance!

If file_list did not exist before the block,
it will not exist after the block exits. Declarations inside blocks
are scoped to the block

I think if you look at the docs for Dir you'll find a method that will
give you the list of files withtout the need of the block
cheers
From: Aldric Giacomoni on
Chris Hulan wrote:
>> On Mar 26, 8:44�am, Zathras Draal <joon...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>i want to write all files from my local directory in an array.
>>

> If file_list did not exist before the block,
> it will not exist after the block exits. Declarations inside blocks
> are scoped to the block
>
> I think if you look at the docs for Dir you'll find a method that will
> give you the list of files withtout the need of the block
> cheers

Indeed.

irb> file_list = Dir.glob('*')