From: Erik Lukac on
Hi there,

I am using Exchange 2003 on Win2k3 Server
I have a strange problem:

My boss bought himself a Mobile Phone (Samsung C5212 DuoS) which he
wanted to use for synchronising Contacts and Calendar from Outlook 2003
(is client on that mentioned Exchange-Server).

After installing the Software "Samsung New PC Studio" (which was the
latest from Samsung Website) and synchronising contacts and calendar the
whole data in his calendar before Aug 2009 was deleted. Seems like a
problem of that "PC Studio" software because it had limited space for
calendar entries. I suppose it simply deleted the oldest entries which
didnt fit into its storage.

Now my question: luckily I do have a backup but: how do I put the backup
together with the latest information? Is there any special procedure?
How do I avoid double entries?

Thanks in advance

Erik

From: John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] on
If he was using Exchange Activesync (EAS) this is not possible. I take it
he used a USB cable and Activesync on his computer to setup a partnership
with his phone?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

From: Erik Lukac on
On 3/17/10 9:17 PM, John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
> If he was using Exchange Activesync (EAS) this is not possible. I take
> it he used a USB cable and Activesync on his computer to setup a
> partnership with his phone?

nope, that phone isnt a Windows Mobile device. It's something Samsung
self-made and proprietary. The only way to transfer the data was
Samsung's "Samsung New PC Studio"-Software. But the other thing is
correct. He used the usb-cable (or let's say I used the usb-cable for him).
From: M on
Hello:

Did you contact Samsung tech support to see if the program archived the
calendar items to a file somewhere? Perhaps you could import the items back
in.

If you need to do a restore, run the restore, then ExMerge the calendar
folder from the restore. This will put it into a PST. I don't remember if
you can set ExMerge to import everything back except duplicates. I do know
that you can import items using Outlook and select the option to not import
duplicates.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA

From: M on

Regarding my comment about ExMerge, per ExMerge documentation:

Before it copies any messages in a folder to the target store, the program
checks whether the message exists in the target store. ExMerge.exe copies
only messages that are not already in the target store.

--
Regards,
MCTS, MCSA