From: coltrane on
I recently installed thunderbird solely as a news group client.
Unfortunately the installation did a little more than I wanted. Prior to
installing I could email a file directly from windows explorer using the
"Send To"/"Mail Recipient" menus. I used to be able to select a file in
windows explorer with a right click context menu and select "Send To" I
would then select "Mail Recipient" and this would launch Outlook with
the file as an attachment. Since I installed Thunderbird Outlook is no
longer used as the mail client. I love TB as a news reader but I hate it
as a mail client. So please someone help!

thanks for the help

john
From: coltrane on
On 5/25/2010 11:30 AM, Roady [MVP] wrote:
> Tools-> Options...-> tab Other-> option: Make Outlook the default
> program...
>
> Or use Start-> Default Programs

Thank you for the reply. This doesn't actually work when trying to send
a file directly from windows explorer, not internet explorer.
I actually found a resolution that required a simple modification to the
registry.

thanks again for the help

john