From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:37:26 -0600, Allan wrote:

> I did format again, this time on my labtop. Surprisingly, the
> format did not eliminate the two DOS directories on the card

Unless the names of these "directories" are "." and ".."
the card might not be working properly.

> nor did it eliminate a small program under one of them.

Ditto; "format" shouldn't leave stuff -- have you also tried
a complete format (not "quick" or similar)?

> Files 3 still only shows the two DOS directories I
> have on the SD card, and not any programs under them.

The built-in Filer doesn't list DOS directory contents
until you press right-arrow to enter a directory,
at which point it should replace the previous listing
with a new listing of the new DOS directory
(this sometimes takes a bit of time to complete).

The files you have stored using DOS could be *source* files
(readable text) or compiled *binary* files -- the latter
are generally unreadable from the card itself, but can be
recalled to the stack (Filer's RCL menu key),
whereupon they may be readable if they are UserRPL programs.

SysRPL programs normally appear sprinkled with the word "External"
and need decompilation (or set flag -85 for automatic decompilation).

[r->] [OFF]
From: kachelme on

John H Meyers wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:37:26 -0600, Allan wrote:
>
> > I did format again, this time on my labtop. Surprisingly, the
> > format did not eliminate the two DOS directories on the card
>
> Unless the names of these "directories" are "." and ".."
> the card might not be working properly.
>
> > nor did it eliminate a small program under one of them.
>
> Ditto; "format" shouldn't leave stuff -- have you also tried
> a complete format (not "quick" or similar)?
>
> > Files 3 still only shows the two DOS directories I
> > have on the SD card, and not any programs under them.
>
> The built-in Filer doesn't list DOS directory contents
> until you press right-arrow to enter a directory,
> at which point it should replace the previous listing
> with a new listing of the new DOS directory
> (this sometimes takes a bit of time to complete).
>
> The files you have stored using DOS could be *source* files
> (readable text) or compiled *binary* files -- the latter
> are generally unreadable from the card itself, but can be
> recalled to the stack (Filer's RCL menu key),
> whereupon they may be readable if they are UserRPL programs.
>
> SysRPL programs normally appear sprinkled with the word "External"
> and need decompilation (or set flag -85 for automatic decompilation).
>
> [r->] [OFF]

Joe,

Thanks once again for the help and suggestions. Not sure I know what a
'complete format' is, but I'll try to find out and do it. In any case
it's apparent to me that the card as it is is not functioning as it
should. I'll post the 'solution' when I find it.

Allan