From: drscrypt on
Is it possible to use other http protocol verbs such as connect with the
http (geturl) package?

DrS

From: Pat Thoyts on
drscrypt(a)gmail.com writes:

>Is it possible to use other http protocol verbs such as connect with
>the http (geturl) package?

In recent versions see the -method option to the http::geturl
command. For CONNECT you'd likely want to use -handler as well I
should think. You might need to specify -protocol 1.0 as well in case
you run into chunking bugs. I forget just when -method was
added. Probably 8.5 sometime.

--
Pat Thoyts http://www.patthoyts.tk/
To reply, rot13 the return address or read the X-Address header.
From: drscrypt on
On 7/29/2010 7:11 PM, Pat Thoyts wrote:
> In recent versions see the -method option to the http::geturl
> command. For CONNECT you'd likely want to use -handler as well I
> should think. You might need to specify -protocol 1.0 as well in case
> you run into chunking bugs. I forget just when -method was
> added. Probably 8.5 sometime.

Thanks. You are right - it is in there but in 8.5. I am using 8.4 now
but will keep this in mind when I move to the latest version.

DrS