From: wolfgang kern on

Esra wrote:
>> Well done Esra, jump into instructions were my favorites as well.
>
> Eh? Don't think it was me doing that.

just disassemble your own entry.com to see what I mean :)
__
wolfgang

From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Tue, 03 Nov 2009 14:36:24 -0000, wolfgang kern <nowhere(a)never.at> wrote:

> Esra wrote:
>>> Well done Esra, jump into instructions were my favorites as well.
>>
>> Eh? Don't think it was me doing that.
>
> just disassemble your own entry.com to see what I mean :)

Do you mean ye olde "debug" doesn't know about some newer opcodes?
"My" entry was io_x's "table-less" entry with a couple of minor savings.

--
Nuns! Reverse!
From: io_x on
"wolfgang kern" <nowhere(a)never.at> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Esra wrote:
>>> Well done Esra, jump into instructions were my favorites as well.

it is "Aphex" entry.com that do it, something like

add ax, 2989h ;ax=99C
org $-2
dfs: mov [bx+di], bp ;clear wall
rng: imul bx, [si], 4E35h ;*=4E35 (large prime)
inc bx ;+=1
mov cl, 2 ;cx=2 to continue DFS
je dfs ;if cell empty then move

in what i see in the disassembly it is like
mov ax, 2989h
contain
mov [bx+di], bp
in the last 2 bytes
and the "je dfs" jmp in the last 2 bytes of "mov ax, 2989h"

i think i'm not be smart enought for understand the 1 entry.com

From: wolfgang kern on

Esra wrote:

>>> Eh? Don't think it was me doing that.
>> just disassemble your own entry.com to see what I mean :)

> Do you mean ye olde "debug" doesn't know about some newer opcodes?
> "My" entry was io_x's "table-less" entry with a couple of minor savings.

No, I meant:

db 0B5h
Label:
;followed by
PUSH imm16
;disassembles to
MOV CH,68h
; and there's more of this in your code ...

when you jump to 'Label', that's infact inside one instruction
meaning another one then.

this trick were often seen to confuse disassemblers,
but real hackers may figure this on a glimpse ...

__
wolfgang

From: Esra Sdrawkcab on
On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:22:25 -0000, wolfgang kern <nowhere(a)never.at> wrote:

>>> just disassemble your own entry.com to see what I mean :)
>
>> Do you mean ye olde "debug" doesn't know about some newer opcodes?
>> "My" entry was io_x's "table-less" entry with a couple of minor savings.
>
> No, I meant:
>
> db 0B5h
> Label:
> ;followed by
> PUSH imm16
> ;disassembles to
> MOV CH,68h
> ; and there's more of this in your code ...
>
> when you jump to 'Label', that's infact inside one instruction
> meaning another one then.
>
> this trick were often seen to confuse disassemblers,
> but real hackers may figure this on a glimpse ...

I think you have the wrong guy; I'm not up to this kind of stuff!
see above; I just tweaked io_x's code a bit; it seems the code I submitted
was the last accepted, even though io_x submitted different code of the
same size later.

--
Nuns! Reverse!