From: Darklight on
I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for linux.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.
From: Malcolm on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:18:51 +0000
Darklight <nglennglen(a)netscape.net> wrote:

> I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for
> linux. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Hi
minicom

--
Cheers Malcolm ��� (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.27.45-0.1-default

From: John Hasler on
Darklight writes:
> I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for
> linux.

"Hyperterminal" apparently is a serial terminal emulator program for
Microsoft Windows. There are many such programs for Linux. A few:

minicom
cutecom
cu
ckermit
gkermit
gtkterm
microcom

--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: shine on
Darklight wrote:
> I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for linux.

Possibly. What is it?

> Any help would be appreciated thanks.

More info would be appreciated.

It's cool that you thought we'd do some homework just to help you,
instead of you just telling us what it does and the functions you need.
From: Dan C on
On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 21:18:51 +0000, Darklight wrote:

> I would like to know if there a alternative to hyper terminal for linux.

Your question does not make sense. There is no "hyper terminal for
linux".

> Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Hope this helps.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he wiped the vomit from his chin.