From: Rosa Blue Rosa on
In networking services, UPnP User Interface is checked, which leads to two
ports checked. Also, UPnP is checked in firewall exceptions. I'm using
Windows XP. Also, seems I am setup in workgroup. I am one user only at
home. I am confused. Any feedback will be appreaciated.
From: Lem on
Rosa Blue wrote:
> In networking services, UPnP User Interface is checked, which leads to two
> ports checked. Also, UPnP is checked in firewall exceptions. I'm using
> Windows XP. Also, seems I am setup in workgroup. I am one user only at
> home. I am confused. Any feedback will be appreaciated.

You didn't describe how your computer is connected to the Internet. If
you have a router (or a "gateway device," which really is a combination
modem and router), UPnP may be enabled in order to permit you to manage
the router without going through its web interface. If it bothers you,
disable UPnP -- you don't really need it. As for the workgroup name,
that's there whether there is one computer or many.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
If your Internet connection is done through Broadband (Cable, or DSL), the
connection is done through the computer's Network Interface. Thus it is
configured as a Network even if you have only one Computer.
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).