From: Salgud on
I guess I screwed up by making a Quick Time player clip an event in
iMovie when I really wanted to add it to a project in iMovie. Now, I
can't get that new event into the intended Project. I found an FAQ that
shows a view similar to the one I have (I'm sure I have a newer version
of iMovie and I don't think the view shown still exists.

In any case, the views are similar and the instructions say to "Place
clips from the event here", indicating the editing box above. But how to
"place" them. Clicking and dragging, which seems by far the most
obvious, doesn't work. So am I supposed to place them with a fork? A
spoon? I'm about ready to try a hammer!

Does anyone know the magic trick to get an event from the Event Library
in one window to the Edit Project window?

Thanks!
From: Salgud on
On 7/25/10 10:42 PM, Salgud wrote:
> I guess I screwed up by making a Quick Time player clip an event in
> iMovie when I really wanted to add it to a project in iMovie. Now, I
> can't get that new event into the intended Project. I found an FAQ that
> shows a view similar to the one I have (I'm sure I have a newer version
> of iMovie and I don't think the view shown still exists.
>
> In any case, the views are similar and the instructions say to "Place
> clips from the event here", indicating the editing box above. But how to
> "place" them. Clicking and dragging, which seems by far the most
> obvious, doesn't work. So am I supposed to place them with a fork? A
> spoon? I'm about ready to try a hammer!
>
> Does anyone know the magic trick to get an event from the Event Library
> in one window to the Edit Project window?
>
> Thanks!

I found it! One of the icons that looks like nothing was the magic
button. Why they won't let you click and drag it, I'll never know.
Typical Apple.