From: R.Giskard Reventlov on
"R.Giskard Reventlov" <*nospam*@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Ok so I have my nice new iPad 3G 64gb with an O2 Usim in it.
> I should be able to connect to BT Openzone Hotspots via Wi-Fi.
>
> The first time I tried it it asked for my iPad's mobile number which I
> entered and it worked fine.
>
> At a different Hotspot it asks me for a username and password
>
> I have tried entering the email address and password I use to sign up for
> the O2 data plan and just the mobile number but no joy.
>
> Any ideas?

The answer via comp.mobile.ipad is

"Is the non-working hotspot a "BTOpenzone" one or a "BT FON" one?
I don't think BT FON ones are included. Also, it is my experience
that a reasonably high percentage of BTOpenzone spots do not work,
and either fail to connect to the network at all, or will connect
but then not let you authenticate."