From: John Navas on
In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)

iPad: An answer in search of a question.

--
Best regards,
John

If the iPhone and iPad are really so impressive,
then why do iFans keep making excuses for them?
From: News on
John Navas wrote:
> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>
> iPad: An answer in search of a question.

Not a true believer. Sacrilege! Stone him!
From: nospam on
In article <vit62614mpru83b8fj3nmp9t1taf2dlqbo(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)

on a flight the other day, i sat next to someone with an ipad. he said
he loved it, but hates the iphone and the rest of apple's products. he
said he is very productive with it and apple definitely nailed it. he
uses it for a variety of tasks and occasionally uses his laptop for
when the ipad isn't ideal.

> iPad: An answer in search of a question.

nope. it's an answer to what a lot of people have been wanting, which
is why it's selling so well.
From: George Kerby on

On 6/24/10 10:20 AM, in article vit62614mpru83b8fj3nmp9t1taf2dlqbo(a)4ax.com,
"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
> one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
> comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
> sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
> swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
> type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
> how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
> of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>
> iPad: An answer in search of a question.

Stop trying to pick up guys with that line, NavASS.

From: John Navas on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:20:05 -0700, in
<vit62614mpru83b8fj3nmp9t1taf2dlqbo(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>In the Starbucks this morning there were two notebooks, one netbook, and
>one iPad. The notebooks and netbook were all working comfortably. By
>comparison the iPad clearly wasn't comfortable for the user. First he
>sat holding it in his hands like a book. But that way he could only
>swipe with his thumbs, no typing. He laid it down flat on the table to
>type, but then had to lean forward uncomfortably to use it. I asked him
>how he liked it. He said, "It's cool, but I still need to get the hang
>of it." Or find a coffee place with tilted tables. ;)
>
>iPad: An answer in search of a question.

p.s. That you have to hold it in your hands to view it comfortably is a
huge issue (for me at least). And it's painful to watch people try to
"type" on the iPad laid flat, usually with just one or two slow fingers
on the virtual touch keyboard -- needs Swype -- in marked contrast to
people comfortably typing on real notebook and netbook keyboards with
properly angled displays.