From: Jason H on
Sorry to post another message - just wondering if anyone has an opinion on
which of these three phones is best/better.
Anyone made a decision between these? - Happy with the decision?

From: zeitgeist on
On 2010-07-31 16:48:31 +0100, Jason H said:

> Sorry to post another message - just wondering if anyone has an opinion
> on which of these three phones is best/better.
> Anyone made a decision between these? - Happy with the decision?
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

I haven't tried the Galaxy but I've had the other two and am content
with my current phone, the iPhone 4. Before anyone starts to shout
Fanboy, I liked the Desire but the operating system, although capable,
is a little muddled and is not nearly as intuitive as the iPhone OS.
Still not as bad as Nokia's efforts though....

YMMV

From: Andy Burns on
Jason H wrote:
> Sorry to post another message - just wondering if anyone has an opinion
> on which of these three phones is best/better.
> Anyone made a decision between these? - Happy with the decision?

iPhone v.s. Android is a matter of personal choice, my choice would be
Android.

Desire and Galaxy are both Android, differences between them relatively
minor, super-AMOLED screen on Galaxy should be easier viewing in
sunlight than AMOLED on Desire (rumours that Desire may switch from
AMOLED to inferior LCD), I suspect the HTC is likely to receive future
upgrades earlier and for longer than the Samsung.

From: JL on
I read an article on that earlier.

From: JL on
Sorry, sent that early by accident!

Read an article on the switch to LCD screens earlier. Here's one amongst
many with the same story:

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/mobile-devices/2010/07/26/htc-announces-super-lcd-displays-for-smartphones-40089644/

Is the Super LCD not as good as AMOLED? Seems odd that there will be
different technology screens in different people's Desires.

JL