From: Jeff Liebermann on
iPod Touch or iPhone controlled helicopter. I want one:
<http://digital.venturebeat.com/2010/01/06/parrot-ar-drone/>
I wonder if a store and forward repeater will work to extend the
range.

More toys from the CES show:
<http://venturebeat.com/2010/01/05/cool-stuff-unveiled-at-opening-reception-for-consumer-electronics-show-photos/>

Drivel: Why spend billions on spectrum auctions when you can just
ignore the FCC and produce a compelling product?
<http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/us_tec_gadget_show_magicjack>
Welcome to the wild west of RF.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
From: Bryce on
Jeff Liebermann wrote:

> iPod Touch or iPhone controlled helicopter. I want one:
> <http://digital.venturebeat.com/2010/01/06/parrot-ar-
drone/>
> I wonder if a store and forward repeater will work to
> extend the range.

Visit your local war surplus store and get one of them drone
airplane things. Buy some rockets too. Be sure to encrypt
the comm over the internet.

From: Bob on
On 09/01/2010 02:17, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
> iPod Touch or iPhone controlled helicopter. I want one:
> <http://digital.venturebeat.com/2010/01/06/parrot-ar-drone/>
> I wonder if a store and forward repeater will work to extend the
> range.
Since the i-whatever connects directly to the helicopter I wouldn't be
surprised if they are using adhoc networks so you would probably need
some form of mesh networking to increase the range, with only 15 mins
flying time would it be worth it?
<http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en/how-does-it-work#start>
From: miso on
On Jan 10, 2:51 am, Bob <b...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On 09/01/2010 02:17, Jeff Liebermann wrote:> iPod Touch or iPhone controlled helicopter.  I want one:
> > <http://digital.venturebeat.com/2010/01/06/parrot-ar-drone/>
> > I wonder if a store and forward repeater will work to extend the
> > range.
>
> Since the i-whatever connects directly to the helicopter I wouldn't be
> surprised if they are using adhoc networks so you would probably need
> some form of mesh networking to increase the range, with only 15 mins
> flying time would it be worth it?
> <http://ardrone.parrot.com/parrot-ar-drone/en/how-does-it-work#start>

The big problem is the crappy iphone battery life will probably lead
to a crash!