From: John Hill on
I am trying to convert my Excel files (and the associated mindset) to
Numbers. I've found out how to achieve most of the things I want to do
(my needs are modest).

But one thing I miss is the ability to create a formula and store it as
a macro e.g. in the Excel Tools menu. It's a chore to do this in Excel
(at least I find it so) but there is one formula that I use so often
that I took the trouble to set it up.

There seems no way to do this in Numbers. Has anyone found a workaround?

At present I have a special locked Numbers file containing the formula
(converted from an Excel file that contained the macro) and I copy and
paste the formula into the appropriate place in the Numbers table I am
using.

But this seems a clumsy solution and I'd like to know if anyone has
found a better one.

John.

--
Please reply to john at yclept dot wanadoo dot co dot uk.