From: Doc J on
When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons &
slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have my folder
set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode not the current xp
style.

thanks

From: glee on
Go here:
Scroll to Line 157, left side
"Prevent automatic icon and folder refresh"

It's a registry file...right-click the link and save it to your desktop:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablerefresh.reg

Double-click the "disablerefresh.reg" file and click OK to confirm
adding it to the Registry.

See if that helps.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

From: Doc J on
ok thanks worked :)