From: WisconsinSteve on
I have received several .ics files from various travel web sites (e.g.,
expedia.com) showing my travel itineraries, but when I attempt to import them
into my Microsoft Outlook 2007 calendar, I get a message that the file is
"not a valid Internet Calendar file." Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?
Thanks for any help you can provide.
From: Brian Tillman on
WisconsinSteve <WisconsinSteve(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have received several .ics files from various travel web sites
> (e.g., expedia.com) showing my travel itineraries, but when I attempt
> to import them into my Microsoft Outlook 2007 calendar, I get a
> message that the file is "not a valid Internet Calendar file." Any
> ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Googling this problem indicates that there may be specific iCal statements
that OL 2007 might not like. Open the ics file with Notepad and remove the
BYDAY phrase if you see one. See if that makes a difference.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: WisconsinSteve on
Thanks for trying, Brian, but none of my .ics or .vcs files had a BYDAY
phrase. Any other ideas of "bad" phrases I should be looking for? When I
open my files in Notepad, they seem to follow the general .ics or .vcs
format. I am really frustrated by this.

From: Gordon on
"WisconsinSteve" <WisconsinSteve(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for trying, Brian, but none of my .ics or .vcs files had a BYDAY
> phrase. Any other ideas of "bad" phrases I should be looking for? When I
> open my files in Notepad, they seem to follow the general .ics or .vcs
> format. I am really frustrated by this.

Where are you trying to import these files from? (ie where are they on your
computer?)

From: WisconsinSteve on
The files I am attempting to import are on my Desktop.