From: DLB on
I have a spreadsheet that has a ID number in column A and an airport
identifier in column B in sheet 1. I want to return a value ("1") if the ID
number and airport identifier matches the ID and airport identifier in sheet
2. The problem is that sheet 2 will have multiple matching ID numbers and
multiple airport identifiers (column B and C). For example:

Sheet 1
A B
1021 KSUN (I want to return a "1" if KSUN matches any of the rows that
match the ID of "1021")

Sheet 2

A B C
1021 KABC KSTL
1021 KCMH KMEM
1021 KVNY KSUN

From: T. Valko on
Try something like this...

=IF(SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!A$2:A$4=A2)*(Sheet2!B$2:C$4=B2))>0,1,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP