From: Joel on
tia:

Do I have to do anything other than install iis to have a database
accessible through ASP?
Joel
From: "Mr. Arnold" MR. on

"Joel" <Joel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> tia:
>
> Do I have to do anything other than install iis to have a database
> accessible through ASP?
> Joel

IIS, ASP or ASP.NET do not access databases. If it's ASP classic you're
talking about, then it's ADO that provides the database providers that
access a database. If it's ASP.NET you're talking about, then it's ADO.NET
that provides the database providers that access a database. And your code
ASP or ASP.NET must use the appropriate one (ADO or ADO.NET) to access a
database

Web forms. Windows forms, Console and Windows service applications must use
either ADO if doing classic COM development, and .NET using the same
development scenarios must use ADO.NET if doing .NET development to access a
database.

IIS hosts Web applications and has nothing to do with database access.