From: Maarten van der Burgt on
Hallo,

STEP files are an ISO specified
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_10303-21
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_10303-21> ) standard for exchanging 3D
model data.

Mathematica (v7) cannot import these files.

Has anyone written any routines to import such files?

For the wolfram people: any chance such import might be supported in a
future release of Mathematica?

best regards,

Maarten

From: Ingolf Dahl on
AutoCAD Mechanical Desktop 2010 can import STEP files, and from there you
might save the drawing in the DXF format, which can be opened by
Mathematica. I have not tested that it works all the way, though. You could
send a test file to me, if you like.

Best regards

Ingolf Dahl