From: John H Meyers on
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:45:00 -0600, joy_d wrote:

> the [original] version is 2.3 build 2439.
> i downgraded [2.3 build 2438?] with no result...

I've read of people having success on XP
with the perfectly fine HP version which *preceded* the 50G
("if it weren't broke, why'd they try to fix it?")

HP48GII and HP49G+ PC Connectivity Kit, Version 2.2.2353
http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5890
http://www.hpcalc.org/hp49/pc/link/hpconnectivitykit.zip

If this (or other more sage advice) doesn't help,
can you use SD cards instead?

There should be no problem transfering binary files
(such as Equation libs); it's also easy to transfer
UserRPL with some simple "translation" programs
(ask if needed).

[r->] [OFF]
From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:07:09 -0600, TW wrote:

> If you can capture screens,
> your driver and connectivity kit are working fine.

Probably so (and it even did a ROM update before that!)

> To transfer files, make sure your flag -33 is clear
> so it says "transfer via wire".

> Also make sure that flag -78 is clear
> or you will be set on SERIAL mode not USB.

Flag -78 is exactly what made my 50G seem broken at first,
though it shouldn't affect 49G+ (in which my flag -78
must have been set for a year without my ever knowing it,
until I transferred RAM to a 50G and got disconnected from my PC :)

Flag -78 isn't shown in the Flag Browser,
but in APPS > I/O Functions > Transfer
you can set the port to USB then press ENTER;
I believe that this fixes both flags at the same time
(on 49G+ there will be no "Serial" option, only IrDA vs. USB)

From: jdimas on
On 21 fev, 03:42, "John H Meyers" <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:07:09 -0600, TW wrote:
> > If you can capture screens,
> > your driver and connectivity kit are working fine.
>
> Probably so (and it even did a ROM update before that!)
>
> > To transfer files, make sure your flag -33 is clear
> > so it says "transfer via wire".
> > Also make sure that flag -78 is clear
> > or you will be set on SERIAL mode not USB.
>
> Flag -78 is exactly what made my 50G seem broken at first,
> though it shouldn't affect 49G+ (in which my flag -78
> must have been set for a year without my ever knowing it,
> until I transferred RAM to a 50G and got disconnected from my PC :)
>
> Flag -78 isn't shown in the Flag Browser,
> but in APPS > I/O Functions > Transfer
> you can set the port to USB then press ENTER;
> I believe that this fixes both flags at the same time
> (on 49G+ there will be no "Serial" option, only IrDA vs. USB)
>
> > Then run the Xmodem server
> > by pressing right shift-right arrow
> > and it should work.
>
> > TW

thanks! I fixed the problemm it wasn`t connecting because of the flag
problem.
I didn't change this flag in the options, so I think someone messed
with my calculator....
thanks again for your help!

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2