From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> (snipping)
> > > Infinitude of Twin Primes proof:
> > >
> > > (1) definition of prime
> > > (2) hypothetical assumption: suppose set of all primes is finite
> > > and 2,3,5, 7, 11, . ., p_n, p_n+2 is the complete list of all the
> > > primes with
> > > p_n and p_n+2 the last two primes and they are twin primes.
> > > (3) Form Euclid's numbers of W+1 = (2x3x5x 7x 11x . .x p_n x p_n+2) +1
> > > and W -1 = (2x3x5x 7x 11x . .x p_n x p_n+2) -1
> > > (4) Both W+1 and W -1 are necessarily prime because when divided by
> > > all the primes that exist into W+1 and W-1 they leave a remainder of
> > > 1, so
> > > they are necessarily prime from (1) and (2)
> > > (5) Contradiction to (2) that W+1 and W-1 are larger twin primes.
> > > (6) Twin Primes are an infinite set.
> > >

> > Now I should add a cautionary note here, or a further explanation so
> > as to prevent
> > someone from making a judgement mistake. For I can anticipate many
> > will read
> > the above and not grasp the meaning, and fail to see it as a proof.
> > Thinking that
> > I fetched only a finite set of twin primes.
> >
> > They will read the above and say to themselves "hmm, I can see that
> > 3,5 are twin
> > primes and that 5,7 are twin primes and 17,19 are twin primes and that
> > the last
> > two primes in the List of all primes are twin primes so how in the
> > world does that
> > prove twin primes are infinite once W+1 and W-1 are handed over as
> > twin primes.
> > The complaint will be that this is still a finite set.
> >
> > They miss the obvious.
> >
> > They are unhappy and feel that I have only handed over a finite set of
> > twin primes.
> >
> > But here is how they are wrong. So they are unhappy, and now I tell
> > them, put the W+1
> > and the W-1 into the above proof and extend the List to be not just
> > this:
> >
> > (2,3,5, 7, 11, . ., p_n , p_n+2)
> >
> > but extend it to be this:
> >
> > (2,3,5, 7, 11, . ., p_n , p_n+2 , W -1 , W +1)
> >
> > and if not happy with that, I produce two new Euclid Numbers and add
> > it to the original
> > list, and then ad infinitum do I continue to reiterate the same proof
> > schemata.
> >
> > So please do not complain that I only fetched a finite set of Twin
> > Primes, for the proof
> > scheme is reiterated ad infinitum.
> >
> > You could in a sense, say that W-1 and W+1 are two new primes at the
> > "point of infinity"
> > meaning that I can reiterate or generate more twin primes if one is
> > not happy with W-1
> > and W+1.
> >
> > Same holds true for Quad primes, N+6 primes ad infinitum
> >
> > Sales Note: of course, for me, the "point of infinity" means 10^500
> > where
> > the last largest number has any physics meaning and is where the
> [...]

And working on that "reasoning" to be sure. I have never had the need
or call to
readapt the Euclid Number so that it is a exponential number. So that
Euclid's
Number is different from "multiply the lot and subtract 1" What if I
adapted
Euclid's Number as that of multiply the lot and stick that lot into an
exponent for
the 2 in ( 2^p) and then subtract or add 1

Mersenne primes infinitude are a challenge in readapting the Euclid
Number for the
Indirect Proof Method. Up till now, I could get away with simply
adding and subtracting
from a multiplied lot. Here I am challenged to use an exponent.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/