From: Archimedes Plutonium on

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > (snipping)

> > > Now I should add a cautionary note here, or a further explanation so
> > > as to prevent
> > > someone from making a judgement mistake. For I can anticipate many
> > > will read
> > > the above and not grasp the meaning, and fail to see it as a proof.
> > > Thinking that
> > > I fetched only a finite set of twin primes.
> > >
> > > They will read the above and say to themselves "hmm, I can see that
> > > 3,5 are twin
> > > primes and that 5,7 are twin primes and 17,19 are twin primes and that
> > > the last
> > > two primes in the List of all primes are twin primes so how in the
> > > world does that
> > > prove twin primes are infinite once W+1 and W-1 are handed over as
> > > twin primes.
> > > The complaint will be that this is still a finite set.
> > >
> > > They miss the obvious.
> > >
> > > They are unhappy and feel that I have only handed over a finite set of
> > > twin primes.
> > >
> > > But here is how they are wrong. So they are unhappy, and now I tell
> > > them, put the W+1
> > > and the W-1 into the above proof and extend the List to be not just
> > > this:
> > >
> > > (2,3,5, 7, 11, . ., p_n , p_n+2)
> > >
> > > but extend it to be this:
> > >
> > > (2,3,5, 7, 11, . ., p_n , p_n+2 , W -1 , W +1)
> > >
> > > and if not happy with that, I produce two new Euclid Numbers and add
> > > it to the original
> > > list, and then ad infinitum do I continue to reiterate the same proof
> > > schemata.
> > >
> > > So please do not complain that I only fetched a finite set of Twin
> > > Primes, for the proof
> > > scheme is reiterated ad infinitum.
> > >
> > > You could in a sense, say that W-1 and W+1 are two new primes at the
> > > "point of infinity"
> > > meaning that I can reiterate or generate more twin primes if one is
> > > not happy with W-1
> > > and W+1.
> > >
> > > Same holds true for Quad primes, N+6 primes ad infinitum
> > >
> > > Sales Note: of course, for me, the "point of infinity" means 10^500
> > > where
> > > the last largest number has any physics meaning and is where the
> > > StrongNuclear
> > > force in physics no longer exists.
> > >

> > Now we have a proof of the Infinitude of Perfect Numbers and Mersenne
> > primes.
> > I leave it to the reader to look up what they mean. I am just showing
> > what the proof is
> > and expect the reader to know what the problems were. But I do make
> > note of the history.
> > This is perhaps the oldest unsolved mathematics problem, along with 1
> > being the only
> > odd perfect number. The reason that I am able to prove it, is because
> > of a tiny small mistake
> > and misunderstanding in the Indirect Proof method. In that method,
> > there is a step where
> [...]

Ah, yes yes yes yes yes, hand me any form of primes you want proved
infinitely many thereof. Show me a few cases and suppose true for case
n and if it provides n+1 then true infinitely many.

So I merely adjoin a Mathematical Induction into the Indirect Method.
But that is what I implied in the case of Quad primes and N+6 primes
anyway. I showed where I could fetch another prime of that type and
could reiterate that prime into another Euclid Number.

But primes of Mersenne form have exponents, and so the trick here is
to instill Math Induction into the proof format.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/