From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: Daevid Vincent

> Why do this "in_array()" business??
>
> Just do this...
>
> if (self::$aboveArray[$name])
> {
> //something interesting here
> }

Does that gibberish actually do something? It doesn't make any sense to
me, while in_array() actually looks like what it does.

Bob McConnell
From: Peter Lind on
On 25 June 2010 19:58, Bob McConnell <rvm(a)cbord.com> wrote:
> From: Daevid Vincent
>
>> Why do this "in_array()" business??
>>
>> Just do this...
>>
>> if (self::$aboveArray[$name])
>> {
>>    //something interesting here
>> }
>
> Does that gibberish actually do something? It doesn't make any sense to
> me, while in_array() actually looks like what it does.

Gibberish?? Probably a good time to go look up some php tutorials.
Apart from that, it's rather bad form as a missing index will create a
notice at the least. The isset snippet is better, though if you care
about finding null values you need to go the route of array_keys().

Regards
Peter

--
<hype>
WWW: http://plphp.dk / http://plind.dk
From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: Peter Lind

> On 25 June 2010 19:58, Bob McConnell <rvm(a)cbord.com> wrote:
>> From: Daevid Vincent
>>
>>> Why do this "in_array()" business??
>>>
>>> Just do this...
>>>
>>> if (self::$aboveArray[$name])
>>> {
>>>    //something interesting here
>>> }
>>
>> Does that gibberish actually do something? It doesn't make any sense to
>> me, while in_array() actually looks like what it does.
>>

> Gibberish?? Probably a good time to go look up some php tutorials.

No thanks. I tried to figure out that double colon nonsense over a decade ago as part of an OOP development team. I still don't understand most of the code written during those two years, even though I still maintain parts of it. All I see is a lot of unnecessary overhead with no significant return on the investment. I'll stick with the tried and true procedural notation, at least until I retire next year.

Bob McConnell