From: dagmargoodboat on
On Aug 3, 6:20 pm, "k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz>
wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 03:34:44 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodb...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> >On Aug 2, 10:14 pm, "k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"
> ><k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote:

> >> Commerce clause?  That's so last century.
>
> >>http://www.breitbart.tv/congressman-at-town-hall-the-federal-governme....
>
> >It's only recently that I understood--by careful study--how good (and
> >timeless) a control system the Constitution was, the checks it keeps
> >on the natures and ambitions of men, and how far we've drifted from
> >it.
>
> We were taught such things in school.  That was before "Heather has Two
> Mommys" took the place of Civics.

Well, for instance, I only just appreciated the value and importance
of the Electoral College, and only because Massachusetts' end-run got
me thinking.

With it, the States keep each other in check. Without it, Boston
dictates to North Dakota, and Boston wins every time.

I saw this personally in Chile. Santiago (the capital city) receives
all the taxes, yet rules a 3,000-mile country. Santiago takes care of
itself--they get all the money. It's great, with roads, transport,
skyscrapers--all the modern conveniences. Farther away? Nope. The
farther you go, the worse it gets.

<snip>

> >All this talk about enemies and the need to intercept plots is
> >Orwellian, of a different era, and a big mistake.  Such paranoid
> >drivel is what we once heard from despots behind the Iron Curtain--
> >always an emergency, always some outside threat to The People, always
> >justifying some new intrusion against them, or excusing some failure
> >of hope or change.  I was there.
>
> >Bush threw the door open, and Mr. Obama's pouring through.
>
> >This is big stuff--we're not just being spent to China, we're losing
> >our republic.
>
> If the 'R's don't take the House in November, it's gone.  If they do, it
> prolongs the agony some.

This can be fixed.

Example: Missouri voters overwhelmingly reject Obamacare--
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_c847dc7c-564c-5c70-8d90-dfd25ae6de56.html

We did this. More to come...stay tuned.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur
From: krw on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:42:13 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodboat(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>On Aug 3, 6:20�pm, "k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz>
>wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 03:34:44 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodb...(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>> >It's only recently that I understood--by careful study--how good (and
>> >timeless) a control system the Constitution was, the checks it keeps
>> >on the natures and ambitions of men, and how far we've drifted from
>> >it.
>>
>> We were taught such things in school. �That was before "Heather has Two
>> Mommys" took the place of Civics.
>
>Well, for instance, I only just appreciated the value and importance
>of the Electoral College, and only because Massachusetts' end-run got
>me thinking.

We discussed all that, too.

>With it, the States keep each other in check. Without it, Boston
>dictates to North Dakota, and Boston wins every time.

Yep. It's the United *States*. The 17th Amendment did huge damage to the
Constitution and the country.

>I saw this personally in Chile. Santiago (the capital city) receives
>all the taxes, yet rules a 3,000-mile country. Santiago takes care of
>itself--they get all the money. It's great, with roads, transport,
>skyscrapers--all the modern conveniences. Farther away? Nope. The
>farther you go, the worse it gets.
>

><snip>
>
>> >All this talk about enemies and the need to intercept plots is
>> >Orwellian, of a different era, and a big mistake. �Such paranoid
>> >drivel is what we once heard from despots behind the Iron Curtain--
>> >always an emergency, always some outside threat to The People, always
>> >justifying some new intrusion against them, or excusing some failure
>> >of hope or change. �I was there.
>>
>> >Bush threw the door open, and Mr. Obama's pouring through.
>>
>> >This is big stuff--we're not just being spent to China, we're losing
>> >our republic.
>>
>> If the 'R's don't take the House in November, it's gone. �If they do, it
>> prolongs the agony some.
>
>This can be fixed.

I don't think it can, after another two years like this one.

>Example: Missouri voters overwhelmingly reject Obamacare--
> http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_c847dc7c-564c-5c70-8d90-dfd25ae6de56.html
>
>We did this. More to come...stay tuned.

Is it meaningful, though. Or is Holder going to sue MO next?
From: dagmargoodboat on

Meaningful? It's a tidal wave.

James Arthur
From: krw on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:23:51 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodboat(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>On Aug 4, 6:10�pm, "k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" <k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz>
>wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:42:13 -0700 (PDT), dagmargoodb...(a)yahoo.com wrote:

>> >Well, for instance, I only just appreciated the value and importance
>> >of the Electoral College, and only because Massachusetts' end-run got
>> >me thinking.
>>
>> We discussed all that, too.
>>
>> >With it, the States keep each other in check. �Without it, Boston
>> >dictates to North Dakota, and Boston wins every time.
>>
>> Yep. �It's the United *States*. �The 17th Amendment did huge damage to the
>> Constitution and the country.
>>

>> >I saw this personally in Chile. �Santiago (the capital city) receives
>> >all the taxes, yet rules a 3,000-mile country. �Santiago takes care of
>> >itself--they get all the money. �It's great, with roads, transport,
>> >skyscrapers--all the modern conveniences. �Farther away? �Nope. �The
>> >farther you go, the worse it gets.
>>
>> ><snip>

>> >This can be fixed.
>>
>> I don't think it can, after another two years like this one.
>>
>> >Example: Missouri voters overwhelmingly reject Obamacare--
>> > �http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_c847dc7c...
>>
>> >We did this. �More to come...stay tuned.
>>
>> Is it meaningful, though. �Or is Holder going to sue MO next?
>
>Meaningful? It's a tidal wave.

Obama and his minions haven't been impressed so far.
From: dagmargoodboat on
On Aug 5, 12:49 am, "k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"
<k...(a)att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz> wrote:
> dagmargoodb...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
> > krw wrote:

> >> I don't think it can, after another two years like this one.

> >> Is it meaningful, though.  Or is Holder going to sue MO next?
>
> >Meaningful?  It's a tidal wave.
>
> Obama and his minions haven't been impressed so far.

The propagandist's job is to make you think that. They're definitely
impressed. Terrified.

I read last week that 75%(!) of Americans believe their government is
governing against their interest. That is the stuff of revolutions.

Several states have had enough--at some point people will just start
ignoring Mr. O's laws. Missouri's at that point, Arizona's
essentially there, Texas, and several other states are close too.
Civil disobedience--MO's just approved it, with more to follow.

If we keep passing absurd laws that no one's read, no one's going to
follow them either.