From: deb on
before i get into an arguement with my boss...

we're running our outlook on Exchange and its slow

would haveing more than 10,000 inbox items be contributing to this? not to
mention all the other folders

he's very reluctant to archive regularly (never know when you need it
mentaliity)
--
deb
From: Brian Tillman on

deb;117547 Wrote:
> before i get into an arguement with my boss...
>
> we're running our outlook on Exchange and its slow
>
> would haveing more than 10,000 inbox items be contributing to this? not
> mention all the other folders
>
> he's very reluctant to archive regularly (never know when you need it
> mentaliity)

Archiving doesn't prevent you from being able to access something if
you need it. It aids in being able to access it ONLY when you need it.

An Inbox of 10,000 items shouldn't contribute much to slow performance,
but it may depend more on what is in those 10,000 items. If they all
have huge attachments, seems to me that would contribute more to
performance issues than how many there are.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com