From: Matthijs de Z on
Hi,

I need to get the indexof to select the correct item in a combobox
that's filled using valuemember and displaymembers using
bindingsource. (db.FaVLists is an entity mapping to a mysql database
table)

private void getCurrentFavListsInDB()
{

_favListManagerWorker.FillFavListsInDBComboboxes(_favListsInDBcomboBoxBindingSource,_openFavListsInDBcomboBoxBindingSource);

_favListsInDBcomboBox.ValueMember = "FavListID";
_favListsInDBcomboBox.DisplayMember = "FavListName";
_favListsInDBcomboBox.Text = String.Empty;
_favListsInDBcomboBox.SelectedIndex = -1;
_favListsInDBcomboBox.Text = "Choose list";

_openFavListToolStripComboBox.ComboBox.DataSource =
_openFavListsInDBcomboBoxBindingSource;
_openFavListToolStripComboBox.ComboBox.ValueMember =
"FavListID";
_openFavListToolStripComboBox.ComboBox.DisplayMember =
"FavListName";
_openFavListToolStripComboBox.ComboBox.Text =
String.Empty;
_openFavListToolStripComboBox.SelectedIndex = -1;
_openFavListToolStripComboBox.Text = "Choose list";
}

public void
FillFavListsInDBComboboxes(System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource
myBindingSource1, System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource myBindingSource2)
{
var favListsInDB = from myResult in db.FaVLists
select myResult;

myBindingSource1.DataSource = favListsInDB;
myBindingSource2.DataSource = favListsInDB;
}

during some actions (deletion or adding favlists) I reload the
comboboxes, because the content changes. But if I already used a
combobox to open a favlist that is still available, I want the
combobox to be set to that item.

I would like to get the indexof int within the combobox by using the
FavListID (valuemember). How can I do this?
kind regards,

Matthijs