From: Leonard on
yes the key was already set to 0 have already checked that one

further help is required

From: Leonard on
just to recap

i get the event error id 1000 when i try and restart the information store

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 07/11/2006
Time: 01:48:50
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHSERVER
Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7650.28, stamp 43dfe228,
faulting module ese.dll, version 6.5.7638.2, stamp 43433bbb, debug? 0, fault
address 0x000f9ee4.

Data:
0000: 41 00 70 00 70 00 6c 00 A.p.p.l.
0008: 69 00 63 00 61 00 74 00 i.c.a.t.
0010: 69 00 6f 00 6e 00 20 00 i.o.n. .
0018: 46 00 61 00 69 00 6c 00 F.a.i.l.
0020: 75 00 72 00 65 00 20 00 u.r.e. .
0028: 20 00 73 00 74 00 6f 00 .s.t.o.
0030: 72 00 65 00 2e 00 65 00 r.e...e.
0038: 78 00 65 00 20 00 36 00 x.e. .6.
0040: 2e 00 35 00 2e 00 37 00 ..5...7.
0048: 36 00 35 00 30 00 2e 00 6.5.0...
0050: 32 00 38 00 20 00 34 00 2.8. .4.
0058: 33 00 64 00 66 00 65 00 3.d.f.e.
0060: 32 00 32 00 38 00 20 00 2.2.8. .
0068: 69 00 6e 00 20 00 65 00 i.n. .e.
0070: 73 00 65 00 2e 00 64 00 s.e...d.
0078: 6c 00 6c 00 20 00 36 00 l.l. .6.
0080: 2e 00 35 00 2e 00 37 00 ..5...7.
0088: 36 00 33 00 38 00 2e 00 6.3.8...
0090: 32 00 20 00 34 00 33 00 2. .4.3.
0098: 34 00 33 00 33 00 62 00 4.3.3.b.
00a0: 62 00 62 00 20 00 66 00 b.b. .f.
00a8: 44 00 65 00 62 00 75 00 D.e.b.u.
00b0: 67 00 20 00 30 00 20 00 g. .0. .
00b8: 61 00 74 00 20 00 6f 00 a.t. .o.
00c0: 66 00 66 00 73 00 65 00 f.f.s.e.
00c8: 74 00 20 00 30 00 30 00 t. .0.0.
00d0: 30 00 66 00 39 00 65 00 0.f.9.e.
00d8: 65 00 34 00 0d 00 0a 00 e.4.....

i get a message as a window that says

"could not start the information store service on local computer. errpr
1053: the serivice did not respond to the or control request in a timely
fashion"

other event viewer logs

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: SMTP Protocol
Event ID: 7004
Date: 07/11/2006
Time: 01:48:49
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHSERVER
This is an SMTP protocol error log for virtual server ID 1, connection #10.
The remote host "216.156.2.38", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt" with
"551 5.7.1 no such user on our server ". The full command sent was "RCPT
TO:<sautt(a)cdiusa.org> ". This will probably cause the connection to fail.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: Routing Engine/Service
Event ID: 929
Date: 07/11/2006
Time: 01:48:40
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHSERVER
Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 2320 Process location:
"C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe" ConnectorDN: CN=Internet Mail SMTP
Connector (EXCSERVER),CN=Connections,CN=First Routing Group,CN=Routing
Groups,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First
Organization,CN=Microsoft
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=totalgutters,DC=co,DC=uk Hr:80040920
Attribute:[]

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 07/11/2006
Time: 01:52:35
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHSERVER
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 3 time(s).

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7024
Date: 07/11/2006
Time: 01:47:17
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHSERVER
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with
service-specific error 0 (0x0).

i do hope this information helps

From: Frank Zunderer on
Leonard wrote:
> yes the key was already set to 0 have already checked that one
>
> further help is required

Have you been here
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1000&eventno=4136&source=Microsoft%20Exchange%20Server&phase=1
and here?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/872963/en-us

From: Leonard on
the last microfoftartical relaTED TO sp1 i have installedsp2 this didnot
make any difference