From: CLIFFHANGER on
whilst trying to fix another probelm, i have changed the Locale on my
exchange server (Exhange 2000, running on SBS 2000 with Win 2K Server).

After that it vanished! It's no longer listed under SERVERS in the Exchange
System Manager.

If i double click the SERVER in system manager, i get a RED STOP MESSAGE of:

An unhandled exception has occurred.

ID no: c10306d3
Exchange System Manager

I've run that error code through the knowledge base and came up with nothing.

It's a rather critical error, because at present we cannot send mail and all
incoming mail is simply bouncing back to people as if we are not even here!

Thanks,

From: John Fullbright [MVP] on
c10306d3 = RPC_S_UNKNOWN_AUTHN_SERVICE

You didn't by chance remove then add back the client for microsoft networks
during trouleshooting?

In your ntds log, do you see anything like this?

Event 1168
Source: NTDS General
Category: Internal Processing
Error 1747(6d3) has occurred (Internal ID 3160242). Please contact Microsoft
Product Support Services for assistance.

Event 1126
Source: NTDS General
Category: Global Catalog
Unable to establish connection with global catalog.

From: CLIFFHANGER on
no NTDS errors like that unfortnautely John. I didn't add back the client,
i've actually done nothing with it since then, other than search for answers!
None of the MS Exchange Related Services will start, as they are dependant
on the Exchange Service that wont start.

Is there away to modify the echange LOCALE setting back to the default
(English (US) via registry editor?

thanks

Tim

From: Tom Felts on
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/bce2d31c-a960-44dd-b082-78406e850a0a.mspx?mfr=true

Also, do you see any error messages related to the services not starting?

From: CLIFFHANGER on
Hi Tom,

when Starting MS Exchange ISystem Attendant, we get the following in Event
viewer:

Source: MSExchangeSA
Category: General
Event I.D: 9149
Desc:
The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant failed to start Exchange Server
'CLIFFHANGER01' Error Code '0x80072030'.

and subsequently:

Source: MSExchangeSA
Category: General
Event I.D: 1005
Desc:
Unexpected Error. There is no such object on the server. Facility: Win32 ID
no: 80072030 Mircrosoft Exchange System Attendant occurred.

and finally:
Source: MSExchangeSA
Category: General
Event I.D: 1004
Desc:
Microsoft Exchange System Attendeant Failed to start

I have since manually modified the Registry to change the language back to
English(US) which is where i believe the issues began, as soon as i clicked
English (australian) it all went pear shape.

HKLOCALMACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > EXCHANGE > LANGUAGE

entry i have re-instated is:

ENU REG_DWORD 0x00000409 (1033)

Does any of this make sense or help?

Thanks,