From: keek79 on
When I try to open an m-file in matlab in order edit it an error dialog
box opens and tells me that the input argument "C" is undefined. A
similiar error message occured e.g. when I tried to use the sym()
function:

a = sym(1)

??? Input argument "C" is undefined.

Error in ==> double at 27
b0=C'*(R\C);

Error in ==> sym.sym at 121
S(k).s = symr(double(x(k)));

I'm using Matlab Version 7.1.0.246 (R14) Service Pack 3. Can anybody
help me?

Keek

From: Joerg J. Buchholz on
Keek,

there is a Maple function "C" that converts symbolic expressions into C
code:

>> maple ('C(pi)')

ans =

t0 = 0.3141592653589793E1;

and Matlab does not mask that function properly:

>> pretty(sym('A'))

>> pretty(sym('C'))

proc() ... end proc

I told the Mathworks years ago...

Simple workaround: Do not use a symbolic variable by the name of "C".
Use "c" or "CC"...

Joerg

From: Steven Lord on

"keek79" <oliverfries(a)gmx.de> wrote in message
> When I try to open an m-file in matlab in order edit it an error dialog
> box opens and tells me that the input argument "C" is undefined. A
> similiar error message occured e.g. when I tried to use the sym()
> function:
>
> a = sym(1)
>
> ??? Input argument "C" is undefined.
>
> Error in ==> double at 27
> b0=C'*(R\C);

*snip*

Type "which -all double" without the quotes at the MATLAB prompt. Remove or
rename any files listed in the output of that command that are not located
under $MATLAB/toolbox, where $MATLAB is your MATLAB root directory. The SYM
function is trying to call the DOUBLE function that ships with MATLAB, but a
different function named double, with a different calling syntax, is being
called instead because it is higher on your MATLAB path.

--
Steve Lord
slord(a)mathworks.com

Pages: 1